Six Sigma Certifications across the World includes Black belts, Master Black Belts, Green Belts & Yellow Belts which are integral part of Project Management. Certification levels depends upon the Company’s Implementation Strategy.
Six Sigma Certifications are World Class Testimony for Quality
Individuals with different Belt specified may be performing slightly different roles in their organization with added responsibilities, here is a basic guide to who does what. Six Sigma Certifications Trainings are provided worldwide by Quality Training Providers like GlobalSkillup. Course content for all certifications, though is closely aligned to the principles of American Society for Quality (ASQ).
#1: Six Sigma Champions
- Every project needs organizational support. Without the organization support, implementation of Six Sigma is not feasible since it is a top down approach. Six Sigma Champions set the direction for Six Sigma team and group. They ensure Projects success by providing necessary resources, funds, commitment and removing any roadblocks. They translate the company’s vision to create an organizational deployment plan and identify individual projects.
#2: Six Sigma Master Black Belt (MBB)
- Master Black Belt coaches Black Belts, Green Belts, Yellow Belts and White Belts. They work more at program level by developing key metrics and the strategic direction. They also work on selecting and prioritizing projects.
#3: Six Sigma Black Belt
- They lead problem solving projects with high impact and cross functional projects.
#4: Six Sigma Green Belt
- They lead projects of lower magnitude and also assists Black Belt with data collection and analysis for Black Belt projects. Depending upon organization they might or might not be fully dedicated to the Continuous Improvement team. They work on project during allocated time and return to their primary responsibilities after the project.
#5: Six Sigma Yellow Belt
- They work as team members for projects and provide assistance during all stages of the project by completing tasks assigned by the project lead. They may be part of operations team and work on project during allocated time period and then return to their primary responsibilities after the project. They do understand basic Six Sigma concepts from an awareness perspective.
#6: Six Sigma White Belt
- Some organizations do have white belts also however they are rarely part of the C.I. (continuous improvement) team. These professionals are generally expert in their functions. They work on projects, implement improvements and then return back to their primary role or function. These people are aware of basic Six Sigma concepts.
There are few other certifications offered by Six Sigma Deployment Leaders, other than the above mentioned. However all the other Certifications fits primarily into one of the above mentioned roles.
Additionally Organizations have started to embed Lean Concepts and Principles. This is resulting in Lean Six Sigma Certifications worldwide for Quality.
Author: Bhupinder Singh Pannu